The bag I carry most days is a tote because I like to carry my essentials plus a few extra things. Rory Gilmore isn’t the only person who carries a novel just in case. I keep a separate bag to carry all the other stuff I need to bring with me to rehearsal. I’m the kind of person who wants to be prepared for all types of situations that could arise within the span of a rehearsal, therefore I pack it all. When you see the list you’ll understand why I need another bag.
In the photo-
- Chapstick, because singing with chapped lips could easily ruin my day.
- Mechanical pencil and highlighter, because we ain’t got time to sharpen regular pencils and sometimes too many staves of music gets me lost I need to highlight my voice line.
- Page flags and paper clips, because i’ll need to mark my entrances after solos and stuff.
- Throat lozenges, because a sore throat could severely affect my ability to sing
- My music folder (get one here, and if you use a 3-ring binder these magazine holders help tremendously)
- Tea bags, because as much as I love coffee all day everyday, warm tea takes care of my throat and I like that.
Not pictured, but also included:
A bottle of water
Travel-size pack of tissues
Wallet and phone
A snack, because singing makes me hungry.
But wait, that’s not all! When I pack for a concert weekend I bring even more stuff.. I’ll show you that next time.
Do you sing or are in a musical ensemble? What are your necessities for practice and performance?