What a week, what a week. Am I right? If it’s the weekend for you, then I wish you much enjoyment, much rest, and relaxation however you see fit. Here are five links I thought were interesting enough to share with you:
- First things first, let me admit that I like to watch kid’s cartoons. For the parents and kids who like Steven Universe, FYI- The Steven Universe movie is going to be a musical. I think half of us figured it would be. I love the songs Rebecca wrote for the episodes, so I’m excited to hear more.
- I’ve been hearing of revival performances of the opera Brundibar this year. If you’ve also heard it but don’t know what it is, here’s a history and synopsis. Award-winning children’s author Maurice Sendak also plays a part in the history of it.
- Here’s a small victory in the world of composition for a female and person of color: Rhiannon Giddens Commissioned by Spoleto Festival USA to Write Full-Length Opera for 2020 Season
- Wow, this is an unsolved mystery I didn’t know I wanted solved: You Know Frida Kahlo’s Face. Now You Can (Probably) Hear Her Voice.
- Dr.John knew the end was near. He recorded one final album. Sometimes I hate when musicians do stuff like that. We don’t deserve it!
Five doesn’t feel like enough. If you’re home for the whole weekend and want more things to read, here-
- Listening to music may ease cancer patients’ pain … Music therapy is a good thing.
- “Adopt, don’t shop”: Bride includes rescue dogs in her wedding to raise awareness about adoption
- Singing Uber driver gets an opportunity to audition for the Cape Town Opera
- DEAFinitely Dope: Handing rap music to the deaf
- Dismantling White Supremacy in Nonprofits: a starting point
- Have a look at NPR’s new music from today. You’ll either get excited or feel old because you don’t know who anyone is.
Love you! Be good, friends.