Stone Cold Vox is a personal blog dedicated to music and life. I grew up with music playing a big part of my formative years, studied school in music, and I love to sing in choirs. Whatever I’ve learned about music I’d love to share with you. If I find some great videos or editorials about a musician or music history, I’ll share those with you too. You may also see me get creative and try to mix music with other things I love, such as food, beverages, and travel. You’ll also see my family once in a while.
I’ll spare the cat photos, I promise.
[ above photo by Angela Chicoski ]
More little details about me:
– I’m thirty-three years old. I’ll probably look 19 for a while, though.
– I spend most of my days with my awesome boyfriend Adam and my son Aiden. They’re funny and weird and I love them.
– I worked at an art museum for a few years but recently took time off be a stay-at-home mom to Aiden while he gets in the groove of going to school, and to be totally available whenever he gets sent home sick.
– I sing with & volunteer for the Chorus of Westerly. I help out with fundraising events among other things behind the scenes. I like to support the arts, but I also find pleasure in making sure that my favorite local non-profit arts organizations are supported by the community.
– Besides focusing on nurturing my family and singing, I also do crafty things. I sew, weave, am dangerous with a hot glue gun, and sometimes I bake things with chocolate.
– Oh yeah, that Chorus? I sing in the soprano section. This season will mark my 10th season with the Chorus of Westerly. I love that group. They’re a like another family to me.
– I’m a little bit shy in person when I first meet people. I think part of it is that I don’t want to feel too obtrusive about the other person’s personal life when I ask questions, but then when I find a few things I have in common with them I’ll talk their ear off about it. Having a couple drinks also helps.
The back-end details if you’re curious:
– The stonecoldvox.com domain name was registered at NameCheap
(this is an affiliate link)
– My hosting provider is No Support Linux Hosting
– Photos taken by me were taken with a GE PowerPro X500 camera and iPhone.
– The header graphics for some of the series posts were provided by Gratisography or UnSplash. I edit my photos in GIMP and Pixlr.
– Some of my images are graciously hosted by Flickr.
– A few of the social media icons came from a free download here
– My publishing platform is WordPress, with additional plug-ins installed.
If you have any questions, shoot me a message!